Access to and use of Mosaic Media Ventures Private Limited website & Platform is subject to the following terms and conditions.
Please read the following terms and conditions very carefully as your use of Functionalities is subject to your acceptance of and compliance with the following terms and conditions (“Terms”/”Agreement”).
These Terms constitute a legal agreement between us i.e., Mosaic Media Ventures Private Limited and You stating the terms that govern your use of the Platform (defined below). This document is an electronic record in terms of the Information Technology Act, 2000, (as amended from time to time) and the corresponding rules thereunder made applicable. This electronic record is generated by a computer system and does not require any physical or digital signatures. Before subscribing to the Platform, you agree that you are of legal age to enter into binding contracts, or that you have the legal authority to enter into this contract, and that you have read, understood, and are bound by the Terms. We will do our utmost to ensure that availability of the Platform will be uninterrupted and that transmission will be error-free. However, due to the nature of the Internet, this cannot be guaranteed. Also, User access to the Platform may also be occasionally suspended or restricted to allow for repairs, maintenance, or services at any time without prior notice. We will attempt to limit the frequency and duration of any such suspension or restriction. In these Terms, references to “you”, “your”, “User” shall mean the end-user accessing the Platform (refer clause 1. below), and “Mosaic”, “we”, “us” and “our” shall mean Mosaic Media Ventures Private Limited (MMVPL).
- www.vccedge.com is an Internet-based portal owned and operated by Mosaic Media Ventures Private Limited, a ‘company’ incorporated under the provisions and within the Companies Act, 2013, having its registered office at HT House, 18-20, Second Floor Floor, Kasturba Gandhi Marg, New Delhi -110 001, India. “VCCEdge” is a proprietary web-based financial research platform owned by MMVPL. www.VCCEdge.com, VCCEdge, and all functionalities offered therein are collectively referred to as the “Platform”.
- It is your responsibility to review these Terms periodically for updates/changes. Mosaic reserves the right to decline a User from registering on the Platform without assigning any reason thereof. If at any time you violate these Terms, then we reserve the right among other rights available in law to cease to provide the services of the Platform or any part thereof to you.
2. User Account, Password, and Security
You will receive a password and login designation upon completing the Platform's registration process. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password and the login and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account. You agree to (a) immediately notify Mosaic of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security in which case Mosaic reserves the right, inter alia, to suspend the account for such period as Mosaic may require in its sole discretion, and (b) ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. Mosaic cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this article or arising from any unauthorized use of your account or password, in any manner whatsoever. You also expressly acknowledge that each login/account is for your personal use only and that sharing of login detail with any other person shall be deemed a material breach of these subscription Terms. You confirm and warrant that all the data and information supplied by you when you register on the Platform to Mosaic and/or any Mosaic's affiliates, distributors ("Registration Data") is true, current, complete, and accurate in all respects. You agree to promptly update your Registration Data so that your information remains true, current, complete, and accurate at all times.
3. Functionalities Offered
The Platform is an online, financial news, and information database that contains information and data about funding, investment, private equity, and M&A transactions in India. It also contains company level information such as contact details, business descriptions, etc. for target companies, funds, advisors, etc. The database of the Platform has relevant tools, like search options, enabling a User to find the relevant information he/she is looking for. All tools, materials, data, reports, functionalities, deliverables, presentations, works of authorship made available to you by Mosaic on the Platform are collectively referred to as the “Materials”. We reserve the right to modify the Materials, type, and availability of any Material or Product at any time without any prior approval or consent from the User.
4. Subscription Fee
The subscription to Platform is based upon time-bound individual licenses being issued to a User (hereinafter used for each subscriber to the Platform) which shall be referred to herein as “Subscription License”. Each E-mail ID shall be allocated not more than one Subscription License. Subscription License shall be valid for such period for which the Subscription Fees (hereinafter used for fees charged from User for accessing Subscription License) has been paid. Any customized requests from User(s) post access to Platform shall be charged to them additionally for which separate invoices shall be raised by Mosaic from time to time. A User may pay Subscription Fees and purchase a Subscription License either online i.e. through the use of a credit card or Netbanking or offline i.e. through cheque (subject to realization) or demand draft. Each Subscription License shall automatically lapse after completion of the last date of the allotted period of such License unless renewable is undertaken at the price prevalent at the time of renewal. The Subscription Fees shall be paid fully in advance at the time of the commencement of the Subscription License. No requests of any refunds shall be entertained by Mosaic whatsoever. Mosaic reserves the right to change, terminate or otherwise amend any subscription plans and billing cycles, at its sole discretion, at any time. Your continued use of the Platform shall be deemed to be your irrevocable acceptance of such amendments. Mosaic reserves the right to change, supplement, alter or remove any of the Materials or any other functionality of the Platform including those that are subject to Subscription Fees, at its sole discretion.
5. Limited License
Subject to the payment of the Subscription Fees, Mosaic hereby grants to you a limited, non-exclusive, non-sub licensable, non-transferrable Subscription License during the term of the subscription for the territory of Republic of India to use the Platform for your internal use only. All rights, title, and interest including rights in the Platform, Materials, and parts thereof are expressly reserved by Mosaic or its licensors, as the case may be. Nothing herein shall be deemed to grant any rights, title, interest to you in and to the Platform and Materials, save for the limited license granted to you hereunder. Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, you hereby agree and acknowledge that the following are inter alia excluded/ restricted from the scope of the license granted herein:
- Making changes, alterations, modifications to the Platform, Materials in any manner whatsoever.
- Distribution of the Platform and/or Materials in any manner directly and/or indirectly to any third party/ies.
- Making any commercial use of the Platform and/or Materials.
- Reproduction or disclosure of the Platform, Materials and/or any process, output, algorithms, codes connected to the Platform/Materials.
7. Limited User
The User agrees and undertakes not to reverse engineer, decompile, modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell the Platform and/or any Materials, information, or software obtained from the Platform. For the removal of doubt, it is clarified that unlimited or wholesale reproduction, copying of the Platform/Materials for commercial or non-commercial purposes and modification of Platform/Materials, data, and information is not permitted. However, for your personal information needs and in furtherance to promoting the fair usage principle, Mosaic allows you to download certain Materials. In case Mosaic believes, in its sole discretion, that such privilege has been misused, Mosaic shall have the right to immediately block your Subscription License for such period as deemed fit and in case such abuse is repeated thereafter, Mosaic shall retain the right to immediately terminate your Subscription License and forfeit the Subscription Fees and such right shall be in addition to any other rights available to Mosaic in accordance with prevailing laws.
8. User Obligations
The Platform provides an interface that allows the user to add notes in the form of Activity Logs, and upload data or content on to the Platform. As a user of this functionality, you acknowledge and understand that you will be uploading various third-party URL links, documents, files, and content on the Platform. Given the nature of the foregoing functionality, you agree and undertake to use the Platform only to post and upload material that is proper. You shall be solely responsible and assume all risks for any consequences of uploading, posting, transfer or disclosure of the content uploaded by you on the Platform and Mosaic shall not be responsible or liable in any manner for any content posted by you or any other user on the Platform. You understand and agree that we may review and delete or remove (without notice) for any reason or no reason including any content that in the sole judgment of Mosaic violates these Terms. When you post content on the Platform, you grant and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to Mosaic, a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, irrevocable, sub-licensable, and transferable license to access, use, reproduce, copy, format, prepare derivative works, display, excerpt, and/or distribute such content for or in connection with the use of the Platform, Materials, or any part thereof. By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree and undertake that when using the Platform or part thereof, you will not:
- defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten, or otherwise violate the legal rights of others;
- publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate any false, inaccurate, inappropriate, profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful topic, name, material, or information in any manner including through any bookmark, tag, or keyword;
- upload files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents;
- upload or distribute files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of the Platform or another's computer;
- conduct or forward surveys, contests, pyramid schemes or chain letters;
- download any file posted by another user of the Platform that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such manner;
- falsify or delete any author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded;
- violate any code of conduct or other guidelines, which may be applicable for or to any particular service;
- violate any applicable laws or regulations for the time being in force in or outside India; and
- violate any of the terms and conditions of these Terms or any other terms and conditions for the use of the Platform contained elsewhere herein.
- host, display, upload, modify, communicate, publish, transmit, update or share any information or data that: belongs to another person, or is false, misleading, threatens the unity, public order, integrity, or sovereignty of India; or is grossly harmful, harassing, blasphemous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, paedophilic, libellous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically objectionable, disparaging, or otherwise unlawful in any manner whatsoever; or infringes any patent, trademark, copyright, or other proprietary rights.
You agree that Mosaic has the right to temporarily or permanent suspend access to the whole or any part of the Platform, Materials for any technical/operational reason and shall be under no liability to you in such an event. You agree not to use or launch any automated system, including without limitation, "robots," "spiders," "offline readers," or "load testers" that access the Platform in a manner that sends more request messages to the Platform in a given period of time than a human can reasonably produce in the same period by using the Platform, and you are forbidden from ripping the content/Materials from the Platform. You must secure our permission before you measure, test, health check or otherwise monitor any network equipment, servers, or assets hosted on our domain. You agree not to collect or harvest any personally identifiable information, including phone number, from the Platform, nor to use the communication systems provided by the Platform for any commercial solicitation purposes whatsoever. You agree not to spam any users of the Platform.
9. Intellectual Property Rights
Unless otherwise indicated or anything contained to the contrary or any proprietary material owned by a third party and so expressly mentioned, Mosaic owns all rights to and into the Platform, Materials, including, without limitation, any and all rights, title and interest in and to copyright, related rights, patents, utility models, trademarks, trade names, service marks, designs, know-how, trade secrets, and inventions, goodwill, source code, meta tags, databases, text, content, graphics, icons, and hyperlinks. You acknowledge and agree that you shall not use, reproduce or distribute any content from the Platform, including the Materials belonging to Mosaic without obtaining written authorization from Mosaic to this effect. You shall not use Mosaic’s name, logo, trademark, and other related intellectual properties on any promotional materials, public releases or advertising platforms unless prior written approval is obtained from Mosaic.
10. Links To Third Party Sites
11. Disclaimer Of Warranties/Limitation Of Liability
- Mosaic, its parents, subsidiaries, associates and permitted assigns (hereinafter referred to as “Affiliates”) provide the Platform, Materials and services on an "as is" basis without any warranties (express, implied or statutory) and further, specifically, disclaim any implied warranties of title, merchantability, fitness, and non-infringement. You expressly agree that your use of the Platform, Materials is at your own risk.
- Mosaic neither warrants nor makes any representations regarding the quality, accuracy, or completeness of any data, information, Materials, Platform or any part thereof. Mosaic shall not be liable for the Platform, Materials or any part thereof being inaccurate, incomplete, unreliable, non-current, or containing errors. Mosaic shall not be liable for interference in your enjoyment of the Platform, Materials or any part thereof; for any interruption or cessation of transmission to or from Mosaic’s servers/Platform; for any bugs, viruses, Trojan horses, or the like which may be transmitted to or through the Platform or related services. No advice, course of conduct or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from the Platform or any third- party shall create any warranty upon Mosaic whatsoever.
- You have always complied and shall always comply with applicable laws, rules, and regulations in India governing Anti-Bribery and Anti-Corruption including but not limited to the Prevention of Corruption Act, 1988 (as amended from time to time).
- You have neither made nor shall make and/or have neither received nor shall seek to receive, directly or indirectly, or through your respective partners, principals, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, subcontractors, vendors, associates, employees, or authorized representatives, any payment or favor in cash, kind or otherwise which is prohibited by the applicable laws;
- You have neither provided nor shall provide compensation, payments or gifts or other things of value, or make or facilitate any bribe, rebate, payoff, influence payment, kickback or anything of value, directly or indirectly, or through your respective partners, principals, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, subcontractors, vendors, associates, employees, or authorized representatives, to any person/entity including without limitation to any government official, a public authority, political party/official, candidate for political office or international organization.
12. Limitation of Liability
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, in no event shall Mosaic, its Affiliates, their respective directors, employees, shareholders, officers, agents, contractors, or licensors be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special, exemplary, consequential damages or any other damages resulting from, arising out of or in relation to, not being limited to : (a) the use or the inability to use the Platform, Materials, services, products, information; (b) unauthorized access to or alteration of the user's transmissions or data; (c) any errors, omissions, in the Platform, Materials or part thereof (d) any other matter relating to the Platform, Materials; including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data, business, goodwill or profits, arising out of or in any way connected with the use or performance of the Platform, Materials, even if advised of their possibility. Notwithstanding anything else to the contrary, Mosaic’s entire aggregate liability to you, arising howsoever whether in contract, law, or otherwise, is limited to the proportionate amount equivalent to last one month’s Subscription Fee paid by you to Mosaic.
13. Force Majeure
You agree that Mosaic shall be under no liability whatsoever to you in the event of non-availability of the Platform, Materials, or any portion thereof occasioned by an Act of God, war, disease, revolution, riot, civil commotion, strike, lockout, flood, fire, satellite failure, failure of any public utility including that of telecommunication systems, man-made disaster, or any other cause whatsoever beyond the control of Mosaic.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Mosaic, its Affiliates, and their respective directors, employees, shareholders, officers, contractors, licensors, and assignors from and against any and all actions, demands, suits, proceedings, penalties, losses, liabilities, claims, damages, costs and expenses (including legal fees and disbursements in connection therewith and interest chargeable thereon) including third party claims asserted against or incurred by Mosaic that arises out of, result from, or may be payable by virtue of, any breach or non-performance of any representation, warranty, covenant or agreement made or obligation to be performed by you pursuant to these Terms.
You shall protect the information received from Mosaic which is stated as being confidential, including but not limited to information with respect to pricing hereof, from transfer or disclosure to others by use of the same measures that shall be used by you to protect your own confidential information. Nothing stated herein shall apply to any information already in public domain, already known to you at the time of disclosure, independently developed by you or obtained by you from a third party without any restrictions on disclosure or transfer of such information.
16. Term and Termination
17. Anti-Bribery Clause
You hereby acknowledge, undertake and warrant that:
18. Governing Law & Jurisdiction
These terms shall be governed by and constructed in accordance with the laws of India without reference to conflict of laws principles, and disputes arising in relation hereto shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts at New Delhi, India.
We respect the privacy of its users and is committed to protect it in all respects.
To avail of subscription on our website, users are required to provide certain information for the registration process namely: – a) your name, b) email address (All required information is service dependent). The Information, as supplied by the users, enables us to improve our websites and provide you the most user-friendly experience.
To improve the responsiveness of the websites for our users, we may use “cookies”, or similar electronic tools to collect information to assign each visitor a unique, random number as a User Identification (User ID) to understand the user’s individual interests using the Identified Computer. We may further use certain tools to track your user behavior for enhancing your experience on the website from time to time. Unless you voluntarily identify yourself (through registration, for example), we will have no way of knowing who you are, even if we assign a cookie to your computer. We may have third party associations from time to time wherein such third parties are promoted on our platform/s. By using our services you hereby give implied consent to view/receive such third-party contents from time to time. Our advertisers may also assign their own cookies to your browser (if you click on their ads), a process that we do not control and shall not be responsible for.
Our web servers automatically collect limited information about your computer’s connection to the Internet, including your IP address, when you visit our website. Your IP address does not identify you personally. We use this information to deliver our web pages to you upon request, to tailor our site to the interests of our users, to measure traffic within our website and let advertisers know the geographic locations from where our visitors come.
When we present information to our advertisers it is usually in the form of aggregated statistics on traffic to various pages within our website. When you register with us, you will receive from time to time updations of your content to provide such features that we believe may benefit you.
All information gathered on our website, EXCEPT YOUR PAYMENT DETAILS LIKE CREDIT-CARD, DEBIT-CARD, OR INTERNET BANKING DETAILS (which are not collected by us but by independent third-party controlled payment gateways), is securely stored within our controlled database. The database is stored on servers secured behind a firewall, access to which is password-protected and is strictly limited. However, as effective as our security measures are, no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our database, nor can we guarantee that information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet.
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other Websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
Any questions or clarifications with respect to this Policy can be sent to: email@example.com
Some of our Web pages utilize "cookies" and other tracking technologies. A "cookie" is a small text file that may be used, for example, to collect information about website activity. Some cookies and other technologies may serve to recall Personal Information previously indicated by a User. Most browsers allow you to control cookies, including whether or not to accept them and how to remove them.
Cookies can recognize the user and remember important information that will make use of a site more convenient such as by remembering user login status and user preferences. Through the Cookies of third party analytics providers, ad networks, and advertisers, we can track user’s online activities over time and across third-party sites, and devices, by obtaining information through automated means. This information, along with information we gather when the user logs in, can be used to understand use across sites and devices to help improve our products & services, remember User preferences, provide content recommendations, and show User advertisements on the Services or other third party sites that may be tailored to user individual interests.
These Cookies are also essential to the Services in order to facilitate our authentication, registration, or log-in process and enable users to navigate and use the features of the Services. Without these Cookies, User may not be able to take full advantage of Services or features, and the Services will not perform as smoothly for the user as we would like.
All questions, comments, and requests regarding the policy should be addressed to: Legal Department, Hindustan Times House, 18-20, Second Floor, Kasturba Gandhi Marg, New Delhi – 110 001, India